- Saturday, 9 July: NOCTURNA 23rd Anniversary Party!
Nocturna, now in its 23rd year, is an 18+ dark alternative dance night held once a month (or so) in Chicago. DJ Scary Lady Sarah spins a highly request-driven mix of current & classic goth, industrial, post-punk, deathrock, ethereal, shoegaze, new wave, ebm, darkwave, dark indie & more. It's a lot of fun & you should go! ;)
For this Nocturna, we will be celebrating our TWENTY-THIRD anniversary and featuring:
- A fashion show with a few of Chicago's talented designers from the dark alternative style set (including DEVOID & DEVEIL, RHEA D, KATE SETZER KAMPHAUSEN, & more to be added!)
- Performance by READ MY HIPS belly dance troupe
- GLITTER GUTS free live photo booth (dress to impress!)
- Release party & giveaway for the new PETER MURPHY cd, Ninth (includes autographed copies of the cd, posters & more!) https://www.facebook.com/petermurphyinfo
- CD giveaway for amazing Brazilian band THIS LONELY CROWD (https://www.facebook.com/pages/This-Lonely-Crowd/173672085991730)
- More CD promos/giveaways to be added!!!
- Cool local vendors
- Nocturna t-shirts & Scary Lady Sarah's "One Inch Worlds" will be on sale, as well as the current issue of KILTER magazine.
At METRO, 3730 N. Clark St, Chicago
10pm - 5am (Dance until dawn!) / 18+ / $10.
(Note: Earlier opening time than usual!)
Thank you so much for 23 years of dark alternative culture in Chicago!
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129792583770040
Please help spread the word! Hope to see you all there! :)